Chop suey is one of the very healthy recipes for the whole family. It is made up of crispy, juicy vegetables cooked to perfection. This recipe is ideal for young and old alike and most especially for those who are watching their weight. You can feed your body the essential nutrients it needs by eating chop suey. Carrots, cabbage, mushroom, cauliflower, red bell peppers, quail eggs, and strips of chicken make it the perfect vegetable dish your family will surely love.
- 1 head cabbage sliced
- 1 large carrot cut into sticks
- 1 head cauliflower sliced
- 1 large can mushrooms drained and cut into halves
- 2 large red bell peppers cut into strips
- ½ chicken breast boiled and cut into strips
- 1 bulb onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 10 quail eggs boiled and shelled
- Put a considerable amount of vegetable oil in a saucepan.
- Fry garlic and onions.
- Add chicken strips and cook until brown.
- Add two cups water and cover.
- When the water boils, add carrots, cauliflower, mushroom, and bell peppers.
- Once cooked, add the cabbage.
- Season with salt, pepper, and oyster sauce.
Serve with quail eggs on top